Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Dedup form submission based on email/user

More
8 years 10 months ago #1736 by rs3511
Hello,
I want to thank you again for a wonderful extension and ask about some feature that I think would be a great enhancement. I wonder if other users would be interested in these features.

1. Cross reference the email address provided in the submitted form against joomla users and store user with form data.
2. If the same email address/user attempts to complete form multiple times, prompt user to edit originally submitted data or submit new form.
3. A usermenu option showing all forms submitted by logged in user.
3. Controls at the form level to turn on/off user-validation based on email address
4. Controls at the form level to turn on/off prompting user on multiple form submissions. (reduce duplicate submissions)
5. Controls at the form level to show/not show form in user-menu
6. Controls at the from level to allow/not allow user edits.

Sorry, I know I am asking for the moon.

More
8 years 10 months ago #1737 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Dedup form submission based on email/user
Hi,

thank you so much for your suggestions.

I think, that the process you describe would work quite well and addresses the necessary aspects of saving/editing user specific form submissions. So, if I decide on implementing such a feature, this is very helpful.

This feature would turn Visforms into much more than just a form extension, but on the other hand, implemented in the way you describe, it would not implement some individual business logic but a basic feature, which is good.

Nevertheless, I must admit that I am at the bottom of my resources for developing, maintaining and supporting a really free Joomla! extensions. And this is not a feature which can easily be packed in an isolated paid extension and it's development and thorough testing (especially considering security aspects) is a lot of work.

So, I'll consider it and maybe some day, the feature can be found in Visforms.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
The following user(s) said Thank You: rs3511

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV