Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Checkbox Group - multicolumns & data export

More
8 years 9 months ago #1775 by acluck
Hello,

Great extension! Two questions regarding the checkbox group:

1. I am using a checkbox group with quite a few checkboxes. I'm trying to figure out a way to organize the checkboxes into 2 or more columns. In list mode, the list is quite long and inline mode isn't as easy to ready. Is there a place I can add some custom CSS to organize the checkboxes into columns?

2. On data export to a CSV file, the checkbox group fields are separated by commas as well (if more than one checkbox is checked). Is it possible to change the separator to a semicolon or something other than a comma (just between the checkbox items)? Since it's a comma delimited file, its confusing to have commas between the checkboxes as well.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

More
8 years 9 months ago #1776 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Checkbox Group - multicolumns & data export
Hi,

1. At the moment the HTML code for the complete control is created in the lib folder of the component. It is not possible to use an override to make some custom changes there. In the next version Visform 3.5.1 I will move all the HTML into a layouts folder, using JLayouts which basically will make it possible to override almost any HTML which is created with Visforms.

But you can add a custom class attribute to the field (tab advanced in field configuration) and I think using selectors like nth-of-type or something like that it should be possible to give the checkbox group a better layout. I noticed, that the inline layout will result in a line break somewhere between the boxes and that this might not look so well, but as you noticed yourself this is custom layout and best achieved with custom css.

2. You can select between comma and semicolon as separator for CSV export, but only for the compete CSV file. This is an option which you can set in the form configuration (tab advanced).

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
The following user(s) said Thank You: acluck

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV