Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Automatically publishing to a category

More
8 years 9 months ago #1782 by maggie1972
Automatically publishing to a category was created by maggie1972
Hi :)

I am very new to these forms and I am trying to create a form whereby a category can be chosen from a list and when the form is submitted the content is automatically published to the menu that is linked to the category.

So far my form consists of the following

Title - where a title can be written and the input type is text

URL - where a URL can be added

Source - where the submitter must put their source i.e themselves

Description - can have no words or up to 2000 i.e they can type a whole article

Category : This is the bit I need help with. From this they pick which menu they want the content to be shown in.

I have set this category type as 'Select' then put a list of options to choose the category which links to the menu on my Joomla site;
I have for each option put the Value and the Label as the Alias for the name of the category.
I have put public as being able to Edit, Delete, Edit Own input so that it can be published

I know automatic publishing can be done using Joomla forms as I put one in that allowed automatic publishing to a menu by choosing a category. and I was wondering is it 1. possible in vis forms and 2 if so what do you choose to get it working. I would like to us the VIS forms as I like the anti spam and protection they give.

Hope all that made sense.

:)

More
8 years 9 months ago #1783 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Automatically publishing to a category
Hi,

Visforms is not connected to the Joomla! content, so this will not work as expected.
Editing submitted form data in frontend is not possible with Visforms (for me it is not quite clear if you need that feature).

Data submitted by a Visforms form are displayed with their own menu item type (visformsdata) and this menu item will always show all published record sets. You can exclude fields so that the data of this field are not displayed, but you cannot select record sets according to a value, a user picked in a select...

There is the payed Visforms extension plugin vfdataview ( www.vi-solutions.de/en/visforms-plugin-d...in-content-data-view ). This is a content plugin, which will allow you to publish submitted user inputs inside an article. With this plugin it is possible to select record set, for example according to a selected listbox value. So basically you would create an article for each "categery" and use the plugin to only publish those record sets inside the article, which have the correct value choosen in your "select" field. The menü item that publishes the form data would then by of type "Single Article" and link to the respective article.
It is not possible to edit submitted user inputs in frontend with the plugin.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
The following user(s) said Thank You: maggie1972

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV