Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

set size of input box

More
8 years 9 months ago #1903 by swellking
set size of input box was created by swellking
I am hoping to reduce the default width of my input boxes, so they don't have to cross the entire width of the page. Where do I set this?

More
8 years 9 months ago #1905 by swellking
Replied by swellking on topic set size of input box
Also, I figured out how to put the form in the article, using the plugin, but now my check boxes are the entire width of the form, and so are all the input fields.

This just seems wonky. Also the css I created for the form in my custom template css disappears, and instead of the1px border, I have shadow boxes. I don't really mind them, but have no idea how that CSS is entirely different and why putting the form in the article screwed up the width of the check boxes.

More
8 years 9 months ago #1907 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic set size of input box
Hi,

putting the form in an article changes the html structure so that different css selectors are triggered.
As it always depends on the visforms css in combination with the template css it is not possible to write a css that will always work on all templates properly. As I wrote before in this forum, I use week css selectors in order to use the template css as often as possible but sometimes this just doesn't work as expected.

I wrote an article in the documentation on how to figure which css rule is used. This which may help you to solve your problem.

www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...form-layout-with-css

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
8 years 9 months ago #1913 by swellking
Replied by swellking on topic set size of input box
Yes, I spent a large amount of time with that article with mixed results. I could never get the checkboxes to be less than the full width of the form. I appreciate your effort, but I will have to find another form that will work.

More
8 years 9 months ago #1914 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic set size of input box
Hi,

I'm sorry for your trouble.

Could you please send me a link to the form?

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV