Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Update Error !

More
8 years 2 months ago #2645 by nikos
Update Error ! was created by nikos
My site was started with version Joomla 3.4.0 and visforms 3.5.7....

After upgrading the Joomla to version 3.4.8 the update manager found a new version for visforms that was 3.5.8...so i upgraded to this one ! After the upgrade none of my forms were functioning ! It showed up a blank page with nothing it and no errors on logs !

After spending time and search your site i found out that the correct version of the 3.48 joomla is not the 3.5.8 but the 3.6.10 which i downloaded and upgraded and fixed the issue ! In your page you say if my joomla version is higher than 3.3.0 use this version and not the other one....

Why after the upgrade of the joomla to the latest one the update manager does not get the correct version from your site but instead it gets the 3.5.8 that is wrong for the corresponding version ..?

You have a issue to that !

This happened in 10 sites i had in joomla 3.4.0 and it took me 2 hours to find out what was going on ... :huh:

More
8 years 2 months ago #2646 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Update Error !
Hi Nikos,

first of all.
I'm sorry for your trouble and the time you have spent to solve the problems and I thank you for posting your problem and the solutions here!!

Actually Visforms 3.5.8 and 3.6.10 are both compatible with Joomla! 3.4.8. Visforms 3.6 was my beta version with lots of new features for a long time and I made it a stable version just last week.
In the download manager I naturally provide this latest release (3.6.10), which now is the latest stable release as Version for Joomla! 3.4.8 but Visforms 3.5.8 should work with Joomla 3.4.8 as well.

The reason why I did not enable the update notice for Visforms 3.6.10 in administration is, that it's new features sometimes require changes in the view files. So if people have created template overrides they may need to redo there overrides after an update to 3.6.10. I do not like the idea of people updating Visforms only because there is an update notice in the administration, if they do not really need the new version. But I want people to update because they need one of the new features. If you have a new installation, template overrides are no problem.

While pondering on what to do about that, I simply did not launch the update notice.yet But I can understand that this is confusing!

Your problems with the forms are a result of the Joomla! update which seems to happen on some installations but not all.
Is it possible, that you display the forms with loadposition inside an article?
Yes and I think this specific problem was solved with Visforms 3.6.10.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
8 years 2 months ago #2652 by nikos
Replied by nikos on topic Update Error !

Administrator wrote: Hi Nikos,

first of all.
I'm sorry for your trouble and the time you have spent to solve the problems and I thank you for posting your problem and the solutions here!!

Actually Visforms 3.5.8 and 3.6.10 are both compatible with Joomla! 3.4.8. Visforms 3.6 was my beta version with lots of new features for a long time and I made it a stable version just last week.
In the download manager I naturally provide this latest release (3.6.10), which now is the latest stable release as Version for Joomla! 3.4.8 but Visforms 3.5.8 should work with Joomla 3.4.8 as well.

The reason why I did not enable the update notice for Visforms 3.6.10 in administration is, that it's new features sometimes require changes in the view files. So if people have created template overrides they may need to redo there overrides after an update to 3.6.10. I do not like the idea of people updating Visforms only because there is an update notice in the administration, if they do not really need the new version. But I want people to update because they need one of the new features. If you have a new installation, template overrides are no problem.

While pondering on what to do about that, I simply did not launch the update notice.yet But I can understand that this is confusing!

Your problems with the forms are a result of the Joomla! update which seems to happen on some installations but not all.
Is it possible, that you display the forms with loadposition inside an article?
Yes and I think this specific problem was solved with Visforms 3.6.10.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

Hello there,

Thanks for your answer 1st of all !

I understand your answer.....The only i say that this did not happen in one joomla installation but it happened as i said in 10 sites.... I just upgraded joomla and your compoment and after that none of my forms were working... until i uprgaded to 3.6.x

I have never had any other issue with other compements like this .....

Your component is really good but if you keep doing this with the upgrades ...i will be forced in the future to change component... Simple as this !

Thanks

Nikos

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV