Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Error 1054: Unknown column 'F40' in 'field list'

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #3061 by born2webdesign
Error 1054: Unknown column 'F40' in 'field list' was created by born2webdesign
Hi Aicha,

a contact form (visforms 3.6.11, J! 3.5.1) that used to work, now displayed the following error on sending (on an otherwise blank page, just black on white):
Code:
Oh, dear, we have a 1054 Unknown column 'F40' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `#__visforms_1` SET `F1` = replace (F1, CHAR(13,10), ' ') , `F23` = replace (F23, CHAR(13,10), ' ') , `F25` = replace (F25, CHAR(13,10), ' ') , `F26` = replace (F26, CHAR(13,10), ' ') , `F2` = replace (F2, CHAR(13,10), ' ') , `F24` = replace (F24, CHAR(13,10), ' ') , `F28` = replace (F28, CHAR(13,10), ' ') , `F29` = replace (F29, CHAR(13,10), ' ') , `F3` = replace (F3, CHAR(13,10), ' ') , `F34` = replace (F34, CHAR(13,10), ' ') , `F40` = replace (F40, CHAR(13,10), ' ') , `F4` = replace (F4, CHAR(13,10), ' ') WHERE `id` = 70
After upgrading to visforms 3.7.4 the message is being displayed inside the normal page, as an alert-danger, but the main problem persits.
As you can see, this is the last field and of type "fieldsep", if that makes any difference.
Is this known, is there a quick fix? TIA
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by born2webdesign. Reason: Small addition: last field and field type

More
7 years 11 months ago #3062 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Error 1054: Unknown column 'F40' in 'field list'
Hi,

What were Visforms and Joomla! Version with which the form used to work?

I have not seen this error message before but after update to Joomla! 3.5 it is required to fill all email fields in the form configuration (mail from address for result and receipt mail and mail to address for result mail) if you have the send mail options enabled.

The error that occures if the mails differ very much (a blank page was reported several times), so it might well be possible that this is the source of your problem even if ithe error message does not look like it.

Please post again, if this does not solve the problem.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
7 years 11 months ago #3063 by born2webdesign
Replied by born2webdesign on topic Error 1054: Unknown column 'F40' in 'field list'
Hi,

What were Visforms and Joomla! Version with which the form used to work?

unfortunately, the answer is "I'm not sure" :( The form still showed up, so I didn't send test emails to myself (after the initial setup).

But the tip on synchronising the email addresses did it – thanks! I had the "from" set to a different address than the "to".
I do, however, consider this a bug ;) The addresses even had the same domain.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3064 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Error 1054: Unknown column 'F40' in 'field list'
Hi,

I'm glad to hear, that you could solve the problem.

Basically Visforms uses to Joomla! mailer and the problem with sending the mail is located there and not at Visforms.
That you have to use different mail addresses for from and to is new for me, too and a very usefull information.

I have seen that there are topics on the Joomla! issua tracker, concerning the changes made to the mailer and I hope Joomla! will fix and improve the mailer with the next versions.

Regards,
Aicha

More
7 years 11 months ago #3065 by born2webdesign
Replied by born2webdesign on topic Error 1054: Unknown column 'F40' in 'field list'
Hi Aicha,

just to clarify:

That you have to use different mail addresses for from and to is new for me

I had to use the same address! That was what fixed the issue, using different addresses seems to have caused the problem.

More
7 years 11 months ago #3066 by Administrator AV
Thanks.

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV