Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

File Upload error - Result email receive problem

More
7 years 10 months ago #3147 by Hamblett
Hi,

I'm using visforms 3.7.6 and Joomla 3.5.1

I created a form with "file upload option" and I receive an error when I upload a file:

If I don't attached any file I get the message "Form successfully sent" but I don't receive any "result email"

Here is my email settings (I tried different email addresses without any result):

Here is my tmp folder:

And here is my file upload settings:

Can you help me please?

Thank you!

More
7 years 10 months ago #3148 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic File Upload error - Result email receive problem
Hi,

Visforms uses the Joomla! code to upload files. This Joomla! code performs a lot of security checks and if you see this message it means exactly what is says. It did not pass the Joomla! security check. This does not mean automatically that the file malicious but it means that Joomla! found something which has the potential of being malicious and therefore denies to upload the file.

This happens quite often, if you try to upload a archive fiile (zip, rar) because the security tests are there especially severe. There is a thread on this forum (sadly it is in German) where someone tried to upload a zip that contained an .jpg file. Although uploading the .jpg file directy did pass the Joomla! security check, uploading the zip failed because there were preformed further security checks on the image file itself and the image contained some characters which did not pass this test.

If you have tested, that the mail client is set up correctly on your server and that is does send mails at all, so that seems to be only a problem with Visforms, the mails are most probably flagged as spam and therefore not sent/received.

In order to prevent spam mails there are more and more rules how a mail has to "look like". Please fill the "Mail Subject" field and make sure, that the option "Submitted Mails as Links" is set to "No". Hopefully, this will help.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV