Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Error 0 when submitting form with ReCaptcha enabled

More
5 years 5 months ago #5820 by fdonna
Hi,
I'm experiencing problems on my website when enabling Google Recaptcha as antispam method.

After submit, an "Error: 0" red message is shown (with typical Joomla 404 error page) and the form data are not stored/sent.

The same form used to work. Today I've realized that it stopped working but I don't know since when (maybe after Joomla 3.9.0 update or after Visform 3.11.6 update).

Would you help me, please?
Thanks
Regards

More
5 years 5 months ago #5821 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Error 0 when submitting form with ReCaptcha enabled
Hi,

I'm sorry for your trouble, but I think this is not a genuine Visforms problem but an individual (mis)configuration of your website. How is the form published (menu item of type Visforms or module or via content plugin form view)?

Have you tried to enable the debug modus for Joomla! (System -> Configurtation, enable option: debug system) in order to get more information about the error.

Are your sure, that the recaptcha plugin configuration is correct?

Have you read the documentation article: www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...lid-controller-error
Maybe your error is realated to this?

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
5 years 5 months ago #5822 by fdonna

Administrator wrote: Hi,

I'm sorry for your trouble, but I think this is not a genuine Visforms problem but an individual (mis)configuration of your website. How is the form published (menu item of type Visforms or module or via content plugin form view)?

Hi, thank you for your quick reply.
It is a module but I've created a hidden menu and selected it in the module, as suggested in the article you've linked. Nothing changed.

Administrator wrote: Have you tried to enable the debug modus for Joomla! (System -> Configurtation, enable option: debug system) in order to get more information about the error.

Not yet, but apache's error log on a test site (the original one is a production site and cannot "play" with it) reports this:
PHP Notice: Undefined index: recaptcha_response_field in /path_to_my_site/components/com_visforms/controllers/visforms.php on line 167

Administrator wrote: Are your sure, that the recaptcha plugin configuration is correct?

I'm almost sure about two things: it has been working perfectly for many months and I've just verified the keys.
Are there any other tests I can do?

Administrator wrote: Have you read the documentation article: www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...lid-controller-error
Maybe your error is realated to this?

As I've written before, I've just read it and implemented hidden menu, with no results.
Also, the site is only in one language so there is no language prefix in the URL.
I have not done other plugins exclusion test yet. I'll do them if you have no other suggestions.
Thanks

More
5 years 5 months ago #5823 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Error 0 when submitting form with ReCaptcha enabled
Hi,

thanks for the additional information.
The message in your error log suggests, that the information which the user has entered with the recaptcha field is not submitted properly.

It would be very helpful if I could take a look at the form. You can mail me a link to the form to contact@vi-solutions.de if you do not want to post it here. I will take a look into this, as soon as possible.

Regards,
Aicha

More
5 years 5 months ago #5824 by fdonna
Hi, I think I've solved the problem: thank to your "checklist" I double checked plugins and I discovered that new Invisible ReCaptcha plugin was not configured but, most probably, Visforms tried to use it instead of old "standard" ReCaptcha Plugin.

Configuring it and disabling old ReCaptcha plugin fixed the problem.
So, Joomla 3.9.0 introducing Invisible ReCaptcha was the cause.

Thank you very much
Have a nice Sunday!
Regards

More
5 years 5 months ago #5825 by Administrator AV
Hi,

I'm happy to hear, that you could solve the problem and that my suggestions were of some help.

Thanks for sharing the solution.

Have a nice Sunday, too. Regards, Aicha

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV