Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

SpambotCheck and Community Builder

Mehr
10 Jahre 11 Monate her - 10 Jahre 11 Monate her #134 von Privateer
SpambotCheck and Community Builder wurde erstellt von Privateer
Hi Aicha,

3.1.1 Joomla
1.3.9 SpambotCheck
3.0.0 Kunena
1.9.0 Community Builder

I installed Community Builder onto a test website with the SpambotCheck and Kunena already installed. When I came to register a spam user ("durddddddddd@gmail.com" from stopforumspam) I got the following message:
Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: bMail in /home4/*myaccount*/public_html/*subdir*/*website*/plugins/user/spambotcheck/SpambotCheck/SpambotCheckImpl.php on line 224 Notice: Undefined variable: bIP in /home4/*myaccount*/public_html/*subdir*/*website*/plugins/user/spambotcheck/SpambotCheck/SpambotCheckImpl.php on line 224 Notice: Undefined variable: bUsername in /home4/*myaccount*/public_html/*subdir*/*website*/plugins/user/spambotcheck/SpambotCheck/SpambotCheckImpl.php on line 224 Registration Complete! An email with further instructions on how to complete your registration has been sent to the email address you provided. Please check your email (including your spambox) to complete your registration. To have the email sent again, simply try logging in with the username and password of your registration.

Can I get SpambotCheck to work with Community Builder?
If not, would you be able to create a SpambotCheck plugin for Community Builder?

Either way, I suppose that at least I now have an opportunity to try to do a restore of the Akeeba backup that I made! ;)

Kind Regards,
Letzte Änderung: 10 Jahre 11 Monate her von Privateer.

Mehr
10 Jahre 11 Monate her #135 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Aw: SpambotCheck and Community Builder
Hi Robert,

I've never tested that before.

it looks as if Community Builder uses a different login that is not fully compatible with the standard Joomla! login. I think you have to use your AkebaBackup.

To make the plugin work for Community Builder will certainly take some time and some major changes. But I will at least add one point to my todo list. Take a look at Community Builder and evaluate how much work and how difficult that would be.

At the moment I check all the possibilities of Joomla! 3 template development. That is lots of stuff but I'm quiet excited because they inculded some great tools and frameworks that make live much easier for template developer. But I want to finish that task first and I think it will take me some more time.

I'll let you know here, when I work on the plugin for the next time.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
10 Jahre 11 Monate her #136 von Privateer
Hi Aicha,

Many thanks for looking at this so quickly - it's very much appreciated! :)

it looks as if Community Builder uses a different login that is not fully compatible with the standard Joomla! login.

You're right. I had to use Community Builder's own login and disable the standard Joomla! login.

At the moment I check all the possibilities of Joomla! 3 template development. That is lots of stuff but I'm quiet excited because they inculded some great tools and frameworks that make live much easier for template developer. But I want to finish that task first and I think it will take me some more time.

I understand, Joomla 3.x.x is exciting for me as a mere newbie to Joomla, so I'm testing and learning that version, as Joomla 3.x.x is the version that will run my website when it goes live. By the way, I'd be very interested in your Template work on Joomla 3.x.x.

To make the plugin work for Community Builder will certainly take some time and some major changes. But I will at least add one point to my todo list. Take a look at Community Builder and evaluate how much work and how difficult that would be.

That's great, thank you. I look forward to your investigations into Community Builder

I think you have to use your AkebaBackup.

SpambotCheck is essential for my website.
Community Builder would be nice to have, but as it's not (currently) compatible with SpambotCheck then Community Builder has to go. Goodbye! :lol:
I used Akeeba Backup and it restored the first time!

Akeeba Backup
Aicha, I hope you don't mind me writing here but Akeeba Backup is wonderful! It is worth the subscription price! Using FileZilla, I renamed the directory of the website (on the server), created a new directory (with the original name of the directory), copied the Kickstart utility and the latest version of the backup and everything ran smoothly.

Kind Regards,
Robert.

Mehr
10 Jahre 11 Monate her #137 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Re:Aw: SpambotCheck and Community Builder
Hi Robert,

I use Akeeba Backup by myself and like it very much. I do all the backups of all my customers and my own websites with it and it's easy and allways works well.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

Mehr
10 Jahre 10 Monate her #138 von Privateer
Privateer antwortete auf Re:SpambotCheck and Community Builder
Hi Aicha,

As has already been discussed, Community Builder uses a different login (in fact it uses its own login module) instead of the standard Joomla! one.

If you get a chance to look at using SpambotCheck with Community Builder it may be necessary to write a new CB plugin as opposed to enhancing SpambotCheck, which is a Joomla! plugin.

Hopefully to get SpambotCheck to work with Community Builder it is a "simple" case of knowing the different variable naming conventions and adding a translation facility to SpambotCheck to allow it to deal with non-standard login modules. If this is the case, then perhaps you could develop SpambotCheck so that it relatively easy to deal with other login modules that people may use? Another possible one to look at is JomSocial.

Finally, is it possibly to get SpambotCheck to automatically detect which login module is being used, so that it can automatically set itself up? It would be great to have an option to auto detect or manually set which login module to use.

Whilst CAPTCHA is useful to a certain extent it is mainly for checking at point of registration. SpambotCheck with access to up-to-date databases is a much better option for website administrators, so it's a shame that (for the moment) Joomla! sites that do not use the standard Joomla! login module may not be able to benefit from using SpambotCheck.

Kind Regards,
Robert.

Mehr
10 Jahre 10 Monate her #141 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Re:SpambotCheck and Community Builder
Hi Robert,

that was kind of my point. I would like to make the plugin work with other extensions as well and have to make it more flexible.

I don't know jet how I will implement that.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV