Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

SpambotCheck and Community Builder

Mehr
10 Jahre 10 Monate her #144 von Privateer
Privateer antwortete auf Re:SpambotCheck and Community Builder
Aicha wrote:

that was kind of my point. I would like to make the plugin work with other extensions as well and have to make it more flexible.

Ah, yes, I have re-read your previous reply. Sorry for that confusion. :blush: ;)

Kind Regards,
Robert.

Mehr
10 Jahre 10 Monate her #151 von Privateer
Hi Aicha,

I see that you have brought out a new plugin "SpambotCheck Extended", which currently only works with K2.

Is "SpambotCheck Extended" the replacement of SpambotCheck?

When you get time will you be developing "SpambotCheck Extended" to work with Community Builder and other extensions?

Kind Regards,

Mehr
10 Jahre 10 Monate her #154 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Re:SpambotCheck and Community Builder
Hi Robert,

SpambotCheckExtended does not replace SpambotCheck. It's a new plugin that hooks into some (at the moment only k2) Joomla Extensions which provides users with forms (for example to submit comments or like here threads in a forum). The forms are sometimes open to not logged in users as well and therefor they are very prone to spamattacks. SpambotCheckExtended uses a similar code as SpambotCheck to find such spammers for those Joomla! Extension and prevent their actions. The difference is, that it doesn't hook into the registration/login process but submit process of the extensions.

I've done some research about Community Builder. The problem is that they have their own plugin system ( their own functions, events....) and I cannot just change or add some code in SpambotCheck to get it work with Community Builder. I will have to make a separate plugin that will only work with Community Builder and uses their "framework".

I don't like that very much. Therefor I'm still hesitant about that project.

Kind regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
10 Jahre 9 Monate her - 10 Jahre 9 Monate her #158 von Privateer
Hi Aicha,

Thanks for explaining what SpambotCheckExtended is.

Thanks also for looking into Community Builder. Sounds like you would need to completely redevelop SpambotCheck from the ground up to accept its own plugins in order to translate the hook in for the default Joomla login, Community Builder login, and any other login modules that people may want to use. A lot of work!

No problem. I tested Community Builder and it was OK (looked nice for the users and had the option to accept Terms & Conditions) but it is harder to get Community Builder to interact with the rest of the site, i.e. it took me some time to get it to work with the Kunena forum.

My needs for spam control is far more important, so I choose SpambotCheck every time over Community Builder. B)

Kind Regards,
Robert.
Letzte Änderung: 10 Jahre 9 Monate her von Privateer.

Mehr
10 Jahre 3 Wochen her #513 von Privateer
Privateer antwortete auf SpambotCheck and Community Builder
Hi Aicha,

Before I found and started to use SpambotCheck, I posted in a couple of forums (StopForumSpam and joomlapolis) asking if there was a plugin to use StopForumSpam's database to protect against spam. Here are my questions:

www.stopforumspam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=40299#p40299

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/20...-add-on?limitstart=0

Today (1 year and 9 months after), I got a reply to my questions (in both forums) from somebody who says that they have developed a plugin for Community Builder that only checks registrations (not logins). Here's the plugin:

github.com/c-schmitz/cb-plugin-stopforumspam

Would you care to have a look at this plugin for Community Builder?

I know that you are hesitant about looking at Community Builder because of the "framework", but it would be fantastic if you could get SpambotCheck to use (i.e. protect) other logins such as Community Builder, JomSocial, etc..

Something like Community Builder would be "nice" to have as it does pretty up the website. However SpambotCheck is essential protection, so I wouldn't event look at Community Builder or JomSocial if it couldn't be supported by SpambotCheck.

Kind Regards,

Mehr
9 Jahre 10 Monate her #622 von Privateer
Privateer antwortete auf SpambotCheck and Community Builder
Hi Aicha,

Have you been able to look at developing SpambotCheck for Community Builder?

Regards,

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV