Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Generic eMail Blacklist Not Stopping Registration

Mehr
10 Jahre 2 Monate her - 10 Jahre 2 Monate her #403 von NutraCea
I understand what you are saying and have changed the form input field to email1

Mapping the eMail field via the Admin in RSForm I have this:
Code:
E-mail = eMail name="reg_vars[email1] id="reg_varsemail1"
It shows that it is correctly mapped to email1

Now viewing the actual Registration Form the eMail input field is set to:
Code:
name=form[eMail1] id=eMail1

So I would think this should work?
But I created and used an @gmail.com email address and spambotcheck didn't stop the registration...

Now I'm at a loss?

Link to Regsitration Form: Registration Form
Letzte Änderung: 10 Jahre 2 Monate her von NutraCea.

Mehr
10 Jahre 2 Monate her #405 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Generic eMail Blacklist Not Stopping Registration
Hi,

sorry, but as I said before, I don't know how RSForms works and just hoped it would be enough to change the field in the manner I described, but there is a slight difference. You got

form[email1]

it has to be

jform[email1]

And there might be another problem. Maybe RSForms doesn't support user plugins as standard Joomla! Registration does.

To deal with the wrong field name you could adapted the plugins code very easily but you would have to do that again every time I release an update.

Just go to plugins/user/spambotcheck and open spambotcheck.php
Change
$data = JRequest::getVar('jform');
at line 63 (in Function onBeforeStoreUser) to
$data = JRequest::getVar('form');

Just try and test but I can't promise that it will work with your registration form. Plugin spambotcheck is a Joomla! core user plugin and as that it works only with standard Joomla! registration because it relies on naming convetions, pocesses, functions and code of the Joomla! core.

Nevertheless, Fingers crossed, maybe it will work.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
10 Jahre 2 Monate her #406 von NutraCea
Sorry I missed the "j" in the form ID...So I did as you said changed the jform to form...

And I think that it is working now...will watch and see but it did block my generic @gmail.com email address. so that's a good sign.

concerning updates I haven't updated since the first time I downloaded months ago, how do I tell which version of SpamBotCheck I have?

If I have an older version can I just update over it or will I need to uninstall and re-install?

I do not use the Joomla updater as I find it's more of a pain in the arse to update everything, since Joomla updates always break the website.

Thanks again and I'll let you know how it goes.

Mehr
10 Jahre 2 Monate her #407 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf Generic eMail Blacklist Not Stopping Registration
Hi,

I'm very glad to hear that finally we managed to solve this. I'm quite confident, that it will work.

Look at Extension Manager -> Manage to find the Version of your Joomla! Extensions. Type is Plugin, Folder is User. Latest Version for Joomla! 2.5 is 1.1.12.

Plugin Spambotcheck supports auto update since some releases. Even if you don't like to use the Joomla! Autupdater for Extensions you would be notified when there is a release.

Usually you don't have to uninstall the plugin but I remember there was on update where it was necessary. So if you could just give me the version I would have a look.

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Mehr
10 Jahre 2 Monate her #408 von NutraCea
Ok, the version I have is 1.1.12 so it looks like I have the most recent version.

Thanks again for all your help!
Kevin

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV