Joomla 5 Mitteilung

Wir freuen uns mitteilen zu können, dass seit dem 29. Januar 2024 alle unsere Joomla Erweiterungen mit Joomla 5 kompatible sind.

Für alle die gerade noch von Joomla 3 auf 4 aktualisieren: Anleitungen für die Joomla 4 Migration gibt es hier:

Es gibt nun auch eine eigenständige Dokumentation für Visforms für Joomla 4 und für Visforms auf Joomla 5

Forum

Visforms Subscription Inhaber können in unserem Forum Fragen stellen. Bitte mit dem entsprechenden Benutzer anmelden.
Jeder kann lesend auf das Forum zugreifen.

Bitte stellen Sie nur 1 Frage pro Thema.

Aufgrund von Feiertagen und Urlaub ist bei Anfragen im Forum in der Zeit vom 18. Mai 2024 bis zum 2. Juni 2024 mit verlängerten Antwortzeiten zu rechnen.

label disappears after hover

Mehr
7 Jahre 9 Monate her #3284 von rs3511
rs3511 antwortete auf label disappears after hover
Hi Aicha,
Thank you for your assistance. Your insight has never steered me wrong. As I had suspected, and you also confirmed, the issue is with the bootstrap version that is loading. Pagebuilder is a joomlashine product and I only have it installed because the menu icon for the mobile view. (I'm not sure why but with the last update to the template framework, the menu button broke and after tons of digging, I found that installing pagebuilder solved the problem. I don't use it, never have, and it is disabled) I bet that the issue with menu icon was also caused by bootstrap and pagebuilder installed the newest bootstrap, fixing one problem and causing another.

Thank you again for your help! I will now run down the joomlashine rabbit-hole, again ;p)

Mehr
7 Jahre 9 Monate her - 7 Jahre 9 Monate her #3382 von Administrator AV
Administrator AV antwortete auf label disappears after hover
Hi,

I was able to dig into this a bit deeper. Actually I could figure, the following.

The Joomla! default code, which I use to create the date field, adds a class="hasTooltip" to the input of the date field. This is fine as long as the (mootools) core.js is not included in the page. If the core.js is included it will treat the input element as if it were a tooltip, which means, it adds a style="display:none" to the field on focus out. This is what happens on your website and with your custom css you just enforce, that the element is displayed anyway.

By the way, you could make the css more specific, so that it does effect less other elements.

.visform input.hasTooltip {
display: inline !important;
}

Joomla! is on it's way to change the default javascript library which is used with Joomla! from mootools to jQuery. So usually you have only jQuery included in the website and jQuery has another way to display tooltips, which do not effect elements with .hasTooltip class attributes. But there are still some Joomla! core compontents (like the com_tags) which do include the core.js

So actually I think, this is sort of incompatibility in the Joomla! core code itself. (Maybe they changed the date HTML som Joomla! Update). So you could either think of opening an issue on the Joomla! bug tracker or just hope, that the problem will vanish, when Joomla! has finished the switch to jQuery completely and stick with your solution until then. (And obviously it is possible that a template includes the core.js as well, as long as it is part of the Joomla! Framework).

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
Letzte Änderung: 7 Jahre 9 Monate her von Administrator AV.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: rs3511

Mehr
7 Jahre 9 Monate her #3388 von rs3511
rs3511 antwortete auf label disappears after hover
Great advice!! Thanks again for top notch support! I made the css change you suggested and will keep my eye and ears open about the core.js to jquery switch. I will also bring up the issue with the Joomla Users Group that I'm a member of to see what they think about the problem.

Moderatoren: Administrator AVAdministrator IV