Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

Visforms submit data to SQL Database

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1795 by Thinamani
Visforms submit data to SQL Database was created by Thinamani
Hi there,

I am very new to VisForms within Joomla! and consider myself as a beginner with using Joomla!.
I have created a form within my Joomla! site, this form has a few questions that the user will need to fill and hit "Submit" button on the form. I would like to send an email to the user who submitted the form stating the details in the form has been submitted and also save the information entered in the form into a SQL Database.

I already have a database I can work with but unsure how to configure Visforms to submit form data to a backend SQL database.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Kind Regards
Pavetiran
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Thinamani.

More
8 years 9 months ago #1796 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Visforms submit data to SQL Database
Hi there,

especially if you are new to Visforms I would really advice to read the documentation ( www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...cumentation-visforms ), because these are really basic features which are explained in there.

Shortly said: There are options in the form configuration (Go to administration panel, click the menu entry "Components", choose "Visforms", then click on the form name in the form list (which you can see now).

Go to the tab "Result" and set it to "Save result". This will store submitted inputs in the database.
Go to the tab "Mail Options". You can set up the mails there. You find more information about the specific option here: www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...e-mail-configuration

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thinamani

More
8 years 9 months ago #1797 by Thinamani
Replied by Thinamani on topic Visforms submit data to SQL Database
Thank you for that info.
Your help is much appreciated.
I am creating an Server Build Request form whereby once the form is filled and submitted the data is stored in the SQL Database. Then I get Orchestrator to read the SQL data and initiate the build process automatically with the details from the form that was submitted.

Thanks again!

More
8 years 9 months ago #1798 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic Visforms submit data to SQL Database
Hi,

you're welcome!

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV