Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

result emails not sending - intermittent issue

More
8 years 1 month ago #2664 by acluck
Our result emails from the forms on our site have been sending fine for months. Just in the past week, there are 2 result emails, from 2 different forms, that we never received (but the results were saved in the data table). I have tested both forms and we received email results from both of my tests. I'm using Visforms Version 3.5.8. Our web host does have a SPAM quarantine program but I already checked and the emails are not stuck in quarantine.

I read over the documentation here: www.vi-solutions.de/en/documentations/vi...e-mail-configuration . We are not using Gmail addresses, but the "Mail From Address" does match our domain. One form is sent from certification@icrassociation.org, and the other is from schools@icrassociation.org. Again, this problem is intermittent, has been working correctly for months, and no changes were made to the settings.

More
8 years 1 month ago #2665 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic result emails not sending - intermittent issue
Hi,

thanks for your post.
If this problem is intermittent I assume that there is no problem with your configuration settings in Visforms.

Sadly this is a problem which is very difficult to debug because even you were not able to reproduce it.
One of my clients once had a similar problem with result mails sent from joomShopping (a Joomla shop component from a totally different developer) and because it was intermittent we never figured the reason (although we suspected that some sort of spam protection somewhere on the way between creating/sending the mail and receiving the mail were responsible). The problem stopped after some time.

So, at the moment, sadly the only thing you can do is to check the stored data regularly in order to find out if mails are missing. And if they do, try to find out more about when and why the mails failed.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV