Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

All forms suddenly stopped working

More
7 years 10 months ago #3234 by ChunkyLover53
All forms suddenly stopped working was created by ChunkyLover53
Hi all,

I have been testing visforms for a few weeks and everything was fine until today.

Visforms Version 3.6.11
Joomla Version 3.4.8 Stable

When a user clicks to send the form, the page is refreshed, when normally the user would be redirected to my custom thanks page.

There is no record of the form being submitted in Joomla and no emails are sent.

When troubleshooting I discovered that Capture is now not working as it should. So a user can ignore Capture and can now submit the form, which as mentioned above just refreshes the page. Capture appears on the page, but it just does not do anything anymore. All other required fields work normally.

So maybe the issue is Capture. I don't know enough yet, still troubleshooting.

Anyway if anyone can help it would be great because we have just made some new booking forms that went live today and and if they don't start working again very soon I'll have no option but to build the new forms again using a different solution. A customer has already contacted us to say the booking form isn't working so we are under a bit of pressure here :)

Thanks all!

More
7 years 10 months ago #3235 by ChunkyLover53
Replied by ChunkyLover53 on topic All forms suddenly stopped working
Update: I have changed capture from Recaptcha to Visforms captcha, and now captcha is not ignored and must be filled in. But the form is still not submitted, no mails are sent and there are no records of submission on the site.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3236 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic All forms suddenly stopped working
Hi,

if Visforms stopped working, this is certainly an indicator, that something has been changed because there is no reason why Visforms would just stop working.

It would be very helpful (and speed up the process of figuring your problem) to have a link to the form in order to check out the behavior in more detail.

Are the inputs, made by the user, kept, when the form is displayed again after redirect?

Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #3237 by ChunkyLover53
Hi Admin :)

Here is there basic contact form.

When I click submit the inputs are not kept.

Many thanks!
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by ChunkyLover53.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3240 by rs3511
Replied by rs3511 on topic All forms suddenly stopped working
Hey Chunky,
Quick question... Did you recently add the social network icons to the description area of the form? I can't say for certain but it looks like there may be something happening with the resize of those icons.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3241 by ChunkyLover53

rs3511 wrote: Hey Chunky,
Quick question... Did you recently add the social network icons to the description area of the form? I can't say for certain but it looks like there may be something happening with the resize of those icons.

No those icons have always been there, they use some animation, I don't see any problem with them.

Thnaks :)

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV