Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

All forms suddenly stopped working

More
7 years 10 months ago #3248 by rs3511
Replied by rs3511 on topic All forms suddenly stopped working
Hum, I'm sure support will be able to help more than I can. I would suggest disabling all captcha's for the moment because that's where the issue seem to start. If that doesn't help, try disabling other things that are running when the form is loaded, like the "share this page" underneath and the social icons on the right-hand sticky position. Test after each item is disabled. If is starts working suddenly, you'll have found the culprit.

You could export the form data using phpmyadmin and uninstall/reinstall the component. Then upload the form into phpmyadmin. This was the route I took when my table got all messed up. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChunkyLover53

More
7 years 10 months ago #3249 by ChunkyLover53
Replied by ChunkyLover53 on topic All forms suddenly stopped working
I got in touch with my web host about the problem and their reply was:

I believe recently there were some updates to core files for PHP but not a version upgrade.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3250 by ChunkyLover53

rs3511 wrote: Test after each item is disabled. If is starts working suddenly, you'll have found the culprit.

Yep I've been doing that since yesterday. No luck so far.

rs3511 wrote: You could export the form data using phpmyadmin and uninstall/reinstall the component. Then upload the form into phpmyadmin. This was the route I took when my table got all messed up. :)

Thanks for the tip, I'll see what support suggest before I dive in the database.

Many thanks :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #3251 by ChunkyLover53
I've disabled Captcha on the forms and they seem to be working again (only one test so far). Thanks for the suggestion! :)

I can live without Captcha for a little while maybe, but not too long I hope.

So is this a Captcha problem maybe?
I've also noticed I can't login to the front end of the site anymore, or at least it's also not working as it was before.
It's looking like there is a problem with Joomla and not Visforms, which is an even worse headache for me :unsure:

Anyway back to troubleshooting...

More
7 years 10 months ago #3252 by rs3511
Replied by rs3511 on topic All forms suddenly stopped working
I would try to get to j3.5.1 soon. I also want to ask a dumb ? Are you using captcha 2.0? I know people had issues with j3.4.8 when it first wnet live because they were still using captcha 1.0. Lots of people had to regenerate keys with google and change the 1.0 setting to 2.0 in plugin manager.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3253 by ChunkyLover53

rs3511 wrote: I would try to get to j3.5.1 soon. I also want to ask a dumb ? Are you using captcha 2.0? I know people had issues with j3.4.8 when it first wnet live because they were still using captcha 1.0. Lots of people had to regenerate keys with google and change the 1.0 setting to 2.0 in plugin manager.

Yep it's Captcha 2.0 :)

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV