Joomla 5 Notice

We are pleased to announce that as of January 29, 2024, all of our Joomla extensions are compatible with Joomla 5.

For all who are still updateing from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4: Joomla 4 Migration instructions are available here:

There is now a separate Documentation for Visforms for Joomla 4 and for Visforms for Joomla 5!

Forum

Visforms Subscription user can ask questions in our forum. Please log in with the relevant user first.
Everybody can access the forum for reading.

Please only ask 1 question per topic.

All forms suddenly stopped working

More
7 years 10 months ago #3257 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic All forms suddenly stopped working
Hi ChunkyLover53, hi rs3511,

I was out of office yesterday and therefore sadly could not reply to your posts.

Hi rs3511,

thanks for your efforts :). There were a lot of good questions and advice in your posts which I would have given the same way.

I have checked the behavior of Visforms on the website in question and there are obviously some things not working properly.

Basically, if a form is submitted, Visforms will validate all user inputs on the server side with php. Especially checking the captcha value of a Visforms Captcha, is only performed with php. Checking a Google Captcha is done by Google and the return of the Google Captcha check is used by Visforms (on the server side).

If any validation on the server side fails, the proper behavior is, that the form displayed again, with error messages on top of the form an all user inputs which were valid should automatically be inserted.

This does not work on your website. If any user inputs fails in the server side validation, the forms is displayed again, but the error messages are missing and the user inputs are not inserted.

That is what happens, if you enable a captcha on your website.
The Captcha validation fails and the form is just displayed again, without error messages and user inputs. (Whether or not the Visforms Captcha works, I cannot say, because it might be possible, that you enter an invalid code in your tests and basically the Visforms Captcha would work).

So there is not only one reason for your problem but it is a series and each problem must be addressed individually and can have a different source.
The recaptcha does not work. (If Google Recaptcha does not work, this could be due to some changes by Google and the old Joomla! Version, which might not be compatible with this changes)
The error messages are not displayed
The user inputs which were already made are not inserted again.

If the error messages are not displayed and the user inputs are not displayed again, this might be cause by some changes to in your php files or settings.
Visforms stores the information in the session but obviously this information is either purged from the session or not properly retrieved on your website, which could for example be caused by a php cache plugin or setting.
I'm not sure, if some redirect extension or settings in .htaccess can have some influence here, too. But I'm sure, that this is not a problem of Visforms by itself but a problem of the configuration of your website or your webspace in a broader sense.

Actually I'm a bit at the loss with more ideas about your problem.
I think, it would be a very good idea to update Joomla! and Visforms to a more current version but I think, that maybe you should take a deeper look at the php configuration and cache and redirect settings as well.

Kind Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChunkyLover53

More
7 years 10 months ago #3265 by ChunkyLover53
Replied by ChunkyLover53 on topic All forms suddenly stopped working
Thanks for your reply :)

Everything is back to normal. I think that either my host fixed a problem or google fixed a captcha problem.

But I'll get onto updates asap.

I really appreciate the quality of support in your reply. I hope I can solve this and continue using your fab free extension.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3266 by Administrator AV
Replied by Administrator AV on topic All forms suddenly stopped working
Thanks a lot and you're welcome!
Regards,
Aicha

:idea: I recommend you the new and up-to-date documentation for Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/en/docs/
Most of this also applies retrospectively to Joomla 3.
Please only ask 1 question per topic :-).

:idea: Ich empfehle Dir die neue und aktuelle Dokumentation für Joomla 4:
docs.joomla-5.visforms.vi-solutions.de/docs/
Das meiste gilt rückwirkend auch für Joomla 3.
Bitte immer nur 1 Frage pro Thema stellen :-).

Moderators: Administrator AVAdministrator IV